Oak Lawn &
SEARCH ALL DFW LISTINGS FREE!
All MLS listings including FORECLOSURES!
Online Photos & Virtual Tours!
Click here to watch a 3 minute video on this great property search program!
Wondering what to expect and where to begin? Well, the hard part is complete you have found a Real Estate Agent who cares about you and your needs!
Here is an overview of what to expect on your home buying journey.
Working for you FOR FREE!
Our services as a buyers agent cost you NOTHING. When a house is purchased our commission is split from the sellers listing broker and that is how we get paid. We work FOR YOU and since it cost you nothing, get an expert on your side!
The following is a guide for first time buyers, if you have any questions or need additional information please feel free to call me on my cell phone 7 days a week at 214-205-6454. Thank you for visiting my site and I look forward to the opportunity to assist you in the near future!
Step 1. Applying for a loan thru a Mortgage Company
Finding the right loan and lender is crucial to your home buying success.
It’s up to you to determine which lender is best for your needs. Here are a few recommendations of mortgage companies you can contact.
Step 2. Determine Your Wants and Needs
Buying a home isn’t as difficult as you might think, even if you have limited funds. The process can be much smoother if you familiarize yourself with the current real estate market and narrow down your criteria prior to beginning your search. Identify what areas of town would you like to live? Is there a certain school district you need to stay in? How many rooms does your pictured home have? What types of amenities would you like?
Step 3. House Hunting
After you have determined what type of housing and how much you would like to invest. We, as your agents will search the MLS and talk to other area Real Estate Professionals to see what is available on the market that meets your needs.
We will then email you the list of properties for your review. After reviewing please forward the list of properties you are most interested in seeing with the MLS number or address and we will schedule an appointment accordingly .
Step 4. Writing an Offer
After we have located the perfect property! We will sit down and write an offer to purchase and also advise you on possible contingencies used for your protection. We will then perform a comparative market analysis to advise you on a reasonable initial offer price. Throughout this process we will explain each section of the purchase contract and structure it to work in your best interest.
Expect to deposit monies for the Earnest Money ( typically 1% of Purchase price) and a minimal Option fee (ranging from $100 to $300 ) at the time of writing an offer.
Step 5. Inspections
After the offer has been negotiated and accepted, we will schedule all necessary inspection(s) of the property. Upon completion of all inspections your requested repairs will be negotiated.
Don't worry... we will be with you every step of the way throughout the entire buying process!
Step 6. Getting a survey of the property and negotiating a Home Service Contract for you.
When a home is purchased a lender will require a survey of the lot showing what "property" is being sold and the property lines and placement of the house. If available, the existing survey will be furnished by the seller. If the seller does not have an existing survey or changes have been made to the property a new survey will be ordered.
In negotiating the offer for your new home we will request that the seller purchase a home warranty package at closing for you. These contracts require a small deductible and will offset "out of pocket" repair expense to you in the first year if they should arise. Different companies offer different protections and we will provide you a list so that you may make an informed decision.
Step 7. Closing
Behind the scenes there are many people working on you and the sellers behalf to complete a smooth transaction. We will work with the Loan company, Title company, Inspectors, Agents, Surveyors, and Appraisers to handle all the details. It is our job to make sure things go smoothly from contract to closing!
We will also be with you the whole time to offer guidance and support on making your home buying experience a memorable time. Please give us a call today and lets begin the journey together!
Overview of the Buying & Selling Process:
1.Considers the purchase of a Dallas metro home, condo, or property.
2.Interview us as your potential real estate agent.
3.Determines your needs and wants.
4.Apply for financing, gets pre-qualified for a loan.
5.Views & researches possible homes.
6.Makes an offer to buy.
1.Decides to sell property.
2.Selects a real estate agent.
4.Prepares home for marketing.
5.Agent markets the home.
6.Accepts or counters offer.
Once an Offer is Accepted, and the Contract is Fully Executed (both parties have agreed to all items in the contract and signed it):
1. The earnest money and option fee checks are collected from the buyer. The earnest money is given to the title
company, and the option fee is given to the seller.
2. The buyer has a home inspection and a termite inspection done by a licensed inspector. These inspections are done as soon as possible after the contract has been executed, and must be done during the option period
(specified in the contract).
3. The buyer finalizes the financing with the lender during the timeframe specified in the Third Party Financing
4. The lender will order an appraisal of the home.
5. The buyer secures homeowner’s insurance for the new home.
6. The title company will perform a title search, and work on clearing up any issues
that must be resolved before closing, so that a title insurance policy can be issued.
7. The lender gets final closing documents to the title company.
8. The title company prepares all of the paperwork for the closing
9. Both the buyer and seller go to the title company to sign papers for the closing. The buyer brings a certified check to closing for the amount that must be paid (down payment plus closing costs, as specified on the Settlement Statement / HUD 1 form) and Drivers License(s).
10. The purchase is “funded” by the lender through a wire transfer of funds from the lender to the title company.
11. The buyer takes possession of the home upon confirmation of funding.
12. The title policy, deed, and title are filed in county records by the title company.
Finding the Right Home
Real Estate Agents
You should meet with your real estate agent and discuss the kind of home you want and need. Let your agent know the area(s) in which you are interested, the type and style of home you want, the amenities you need, and everything you really prefer in your next home. Real estate agents can help you by accessing a Listing Service that covers all properties listed for sale within a specific area. Together, you can select the homes you would like to see, set appointments and preview homes in a short period of time. An agent can guide you through the entire process.
Many people go through the real estate classified section or browse the Internet to find homes to view. However, your real estate agent will have many listings available that may not appear in the newspaper or on the Internet on a continuous basis. New listings come on the market daily.
Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
Master Realtors has access to the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Usually, MLS data includes the following details about homes and properties for sale:
Annual property tax
Approximate Room Sizes
When Previewing A Home...
· Write notes about the homes you see so you will be able to discuss the details later with your real estate agent.
· Ask questions about the home and discuss any objections or concerns you may have.
· Ask about the community, schools, shopping and transportation.
· Ask specific questions about the construction of the homes and the major components such as electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, etc.
· Stay with your agent!
Relax. Finding your new home can be a rewarding experience. Have a good time and enjoy the process.
Welcome Home, Joseph Hewey is a Texas Realtor serving the Areas of Oak Lawn, Oak Cliff, Uptown, and the Metro Dallas Areas.
If you are planning to buy or sell your home or condo, feel free to contact me with any questions. If you would like to search the MLS on your own please visit the link above to set up your Free / no obligation property search account. If you have any real estate questions, please feel free to give me a call!